Angela Kinsey is perhaps most recognized for her role as Angela Martin on NBC’s “The Office.”
The actress answered some rapid-fire questions for Insider about her longtime friendship with “Office” costar Jenna Fischer, her recent role on Netflix’s “Never Have I Ever,” her partnership with Staples, and more.
1. Who was your first concert?
Garth Brooks! He was amazing!
2. What is one of your favorite phrases or quotes?
My mom is very quotable. Once before a big meeting that I was really nervous about she told me to go in there and be “politely bored” with them. I thought that was hilarious and perfect. “Politely bored.”
3. Dream job or project in Hollywood?
Working with my best friend, Jenna Fischer! And it came true!
4. Best birthday present you’ve ever received?
My husband makes me a cake every year. I always think it’s such a sweet gesture of his love. He spends a lot of time on it and likes to surprise me with a theme.
One year he had a friend who is an illustrator draw a picture of me roller skating in the sea with donuts (all my favorite things). My husband then decorated my cake with that image using icing!
5. What’s one thing you’ll never travel without?
A travel blanket. I am always cold. Give me all the blankets!
6. Have you ever been starstruck? Who was it and what happened?
All the time! Every award show that we went to as “The Office” cast, there would be someone that walked by and I would freeze and have this awkward smile. I remember watching Angelina Jolie walk down the red carpet. She was so graceful and elegant. I was completely starstruck.
7. Is there a role you missed out on that you still regret?
I was on my way to audition for “Bridesmaids” and when I pulled into the parking lot they called me and told me they had found their actors and wouldn’t be seeing anyone else. I was sitting in my car right outside of the doors to the building. I took a deep breath and turned my car around and went home.
I LOVED the movie and thought it was amazing, but I always wish I would have had the opportunity to read for it.
8. What’s the last show you binged?
I just binged “Killing Eve.” It’s so good!
9. What was the last thing you bought online?
10. If you had to be on a reality TV show which one would you be in?
Jenna [Fischer] and I have joked about being on “The Amazing Race” together! I don’t think we’d win. We would probably be a hot mess, but we’d have fun.
11. What’s the biggest misconception about you?
That I am harsh or stern like my “The Office” character. In real life, I am a chatty goofball.
12. You recently appeared on “Never Have I Ever,” which was co-created by Mindy Kaling. How did your role come to you and what was it like reuniting with Kaling?
Mindy texted me about the role on “Never Have I Ever.” She is so talented and I adore her so I was thrilled that she thought of me! I, of course, said yes!
13. Is there a behind-the-scenes detail about the making of “Never Have I Ever” that fans would be surprised to learn?
The cast and crew of “Never Have I Ever” were so kind. I found out that the lead, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan, was a big “Office” fan. My first day on set we got to meet and talk and she asked if we could take a photo together. She is so talented and I loved that she knew “The Office” so well!
14. Can you talk about your partnership with Staples for their “Thank a Teacher” contest and why it was a natural fit for you?
I love teachers! My sister, Janet, has taught pre-K and kindergarten going on 28 years. I have seen firsthand what an amazing hands-on teacher she is and the positive impact she has had on her student’s lives. She always goes above and beyond for her students and their families. Every year, she goes out of pocket to buy special supplies for her classroom, as so many teachers do.
I wanted to show my appreciation for the teachers in my life that have made a difference and the teachers in my children’s lives. I loved this initiative by Staples to give back to our teachers. They need our support now more than ever.
15. How can fans get involved?
Staples’ #ThankATeacher conte…